Well. I just noticed my last post was over a year ago. How sad is that? 2012 held a lot for me. Those 30 lbs remain undefeated. Infact... they've kind of become 40. But that's just a recent addition, not that that makes it any better.
More than a re-resolution, this is a rant. A weight lossy excusey, pieta pieta pieta mio rant.
I wake up every morning at 4am. (well, every morning I work) Why in the world would anyone do this, you ask? WHAT do you do at 4am?? This:
-If you know me, you know I drink a LOT of water. I try (and don't always succeed) to drink 8 cups before going into work. I drink another 8 throughout my work day, and drink a little additional after.
-Coffee and a little breakfast.
-I need a little time to let myself wake up. I can get out of bed, no problem, but waking up isn't any easier for me because I can crawl to my computer.
-At 5am Shower, this takes me 30-35 mins, including getting dressed and putting my hair into my daily sad ponytail.
- at 5:30, taking my dog on his morning walkies/play-time (or if hubby will be home at 9, I'll just put him back in his crate)
-After that, I get ready for work. I'm usually still working on my water, even at this point. 8 cups is a lot.
I work HARD. I work a physical job (meaning, I am always on my feet and moving) and the store I work in is BIG (probably walk 1+ miles a day inside the store). You'd think I'd get enough workout from that. Apparently NOT. When I come home at 4...
-Take the dog out (which, after he's been awake all day, he's much more playful outside, which makes it take a little longer)
-around 4:30-5, start making dinner
-Eat around 6
-And we both go to bed around 8-9pm.
So I ask, WHEN do I workout? And does weight loss trump a need to relax after work? I guess I should start setting my alarm for 3am.

No comments:
Post a Comment